• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl+Arrow key in a table

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous releases, you could use Ctrl+Left Arrow or Right Arrow to jump one word to the left or right. The new release has eliminated that ability. Is there a way to create a new shortcut to reinstate this or some other way to reactivate it? We use tables a LOT and it is helpful to be able to navigate through text in tables quickly. Right now it appears the only way to do so is to use the mouse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

MrsKrips - Looks like you need to set the shortcut specifically for while you are inside tables.

1. Navigate to your shortcuts as show below

2. Change the yellow circled dropdown to "Tables" This will enable the shortcut while in side table cells.

3. Then assign the "ctrl+left arrow" shortcut and things will be back to working as you expect.

- Dax

text-one-left.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MrsKrips - Looks like you need to set the shortcut specifically for while you are inside tables.

1. Navigate to your shortcuts as show below

2. Change the yellow circled dropdown to "Tables" This will enable the shortcut while in side table cells.

3. Then assign the "ctrl+left arrow" shortcut and things will be back to working as you expect.

- Dax

text-one-left.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it! Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix isn't working for me; I'm in CC for Mac, and the shortcut I've been using in text and tables is Cmd + right arrow to move to the right. When I go to the keyboard shortcut menu, it says this (and Cmd + left arrow) is already assigned in the Default menu to increasing/decreasing cell width, and asks if I want to create a new keyboard shortcut set. Since I've never worked in this menu before, I have not proceeded further. Please do advise -- I greatly miss the easy text navigation of the shortcut!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nita,

Anytime you change the default shortcuts it will make a new shortcut set. The default wouldn't be default anymore if it had your custom shortcuts.

At that point it is your choice. Which do you use more? Resizing cell widths or navigating text.

-Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, of course. Thanks for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines