Ctrl S doesn't save my document anymore, it 'saves as'

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is due to an update or what, but for the past week or so when I press Ctrl S after opening and editing a document, it opens a dialog box to save my document as. Usually not in the same location as where the original document was as well, so I have to navigate back to where I opened it in the first place. Any idea why it does that and how to correct it?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020
This is absolutely not a bug. In fact, this is exactly the same behaviour exhibited by every new version of InDesign when you open an InDesign document that was not yet opened and saved by the new version. Why does this happen? InDesign does this out of an abundance of caution. The InDesign document format changes from one major InDesign version to the next (such as from InDesign 15 to InDesign 16). Once you “save” an InDesign document in the newer version, it won't directly open in the ol...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix will be issued soon:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/41695588-indesign-16-0-...

Ravi Kiran (Senior Lead Quality Engineer, Adobe InDesign) responded · Nov 17, 2020:
"The fix for this issue is now available in the latest Beta build (build 109) of InDesign 16.0 available via CCD.
We’re planning to make the fix available via a Public release very shortly. Please stay tuned for the announcement."

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per the latest update posted on the bug filed for this issue, it is fixed and is available in the latest update of InDesign i.e. 16.0.1. Update your InDesign and give it a spin(i think the updates are rolled out incrementally, so not all people would see the update right away).

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this works.   Was driving me crazy too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines