Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cycle Next Style

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey team, 

Any way to cycle next styles after a page break? I.e heading > body copy > PAGE BREAK > heading > body copy etc…

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

A paragraph style can have a Keep Option > Start Paragraph ... On Next Page; On Next Even Page; on Next Odd Page. You don't have to type/insert the Page Break command, the paragraph style does it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A paragraph style can have a Keep Option > Start Paragraph ... On Next Page; On Next Even Page; on Next Odd Page. You don't have to type/insert the Page Break command, the paragraph style does it for you.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, 

What I'm trying to do is tell it to cycle a few times through a paragraph style and then onto the next. For example I have a heading, leading into a smaller heading, then into a lead in and then into body. However the content that I'm working with has a variety of paragraphs in the body and so it gets tricky to cycle back to the next heading when a new section starts. 

Hope that makes sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The keep settings have an option to keep with previous and to keep with next. 
I had to create an address book where all entries had to keep together and if not enough room is available they start with a new name in the next column. This done without any page break character or style. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines