Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

data merge

Participant ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys I need your help

what can I do to fix that , I want to create a digital planner using a data merge But I got this error 

35 days for each month I want to migrate this days to my planner automatically without taping manually

7 days for each spread 

for first spread D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7 and I want 12 spreads including The 7 days for each month and same for other thays

using data merge on same page after his designbatata.pngouv.png

thanks

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Bug , EPUB , Experiment , Feature request , How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Performance , Print , Publish online , Scripting , SDK , Sync and storage , Type , UXP Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You haven't inserted the placeholder - click into each cell and then press the corresponding data in the data merge panel to place the placeholder into the cell. This placeholder will be used to merge the data linked to each cell. 

However, this is a very complicated way to do it. 

You could use auto numbering for a pargarph style - so in each cell you can place a Paragarph Return and set it to 0pt leading - then use Paragraph Numbering 

Using a Paragraph Style you can change it globally easily

EugeneTyson_0-1693547516385.png

Once you set it up you just delete the date it doesn't start on January 2024 starts on a Monday (by chance)

So I'll delete the dates after 31

EugeneTyson_1-1693547581413.png

Then you can copy it and make the next one

EugeneTyson_2-1693547739704.png

Delete the days up to Thursday
Add a Paragraph Return to make the 29

Sample file attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines