Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dedicated image pages flow with text?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hopefully quick and dumb question. My company uses a template that never mixes text and images—we have dedicated text pages and dedicated photo pages. I try to alternate so that cross-references to images/figures generally lead to the following page.

I think I get how anchoring images works, but I can't figure out how to make something like that work for my situation where the images are in their own frames on their own pages. Is there a way to make my dedicated image pages stay where they are relative to my text thread, even when the text flows as I add or delete new content?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one way. An inline or anchored graphic can have a keep option applied, which this could be "Keep in next frame". You would apply this to the inline graphic as well as the text that follows the graphic, forcing each to the next frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Play around  Anchored Object Options.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 2.30.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote this answer but due to an technical issue it got lost:

Anchor those images, if several group them before, into a dedicated paragraph with such a style, which has autoleading, keep option new page, next paragraph has also new page but has normal leading. 

To group, cut or copy it to clipboard, change to text tool and paste it to that paragraph. 

To make image position correct, use object style. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To sum this all up what was said above:

You cannot flow graphic frames (that contain images or graphics) when they are not anchored to text that flows in several threaded text frames from page to page. There are three different methods of anchoring frames to text. Best try the Inline Anchored method.

Give the graphic frame its own paragraph!

Willi gave you valuable information what exactly is to do.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all—this is helpful. To be crystal clear, am I correct that the anchoring options described will only work if the images and captions are *part of the threaded text frames* that contain my body content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, my suggestion is one text thead with inline graphics inserted throughout the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines