• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete missing link on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this is a noob question, but how in the world do I DELETE (not relink) missing links in InDesign when working on a Mac...? There must be some simple way that I just can't find, I am expecting some sort of "Delete link" option, but there is none... Is this a bug or something that will be fixed...?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Hi @Swedemike , Also, if you are referring to placed assets—linked assets you place in the document via the Place command—then delete the item or its container. The Links panel has a go to button, which will select the item.

sel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about hyperlinks that have been previously applied in a file that you no longer want. If that's the case then use the Hyperlinks Panel (Window>Interactive>Hyperlink). Any hyperlinks in the document will be listed there. Select the one(s) that you don't want anymore and then click on the trash can icon in the lower right of the panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Swedemike , Also, if you are referring to placed assets—linked assets you place in the document via the Place command—then delete the item or its container. The Links panel has a go to button, which will select the item.

sel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for helping, when clicking the "Go to link" button, it turned out it was pointing to a layer that I had hidden... After un-hiding the layer I simply deleted it and the Missing link-questionmark disappeared... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines