• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DON'T UPGRADE TO CATALINA OR BUY A NEW MACBOOK PRO

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all I run a small design shop with a couple of Macs. I usually upgrade my macs slowly as we all know how expensive it is. Just upgraded my laptop to the new MacBook pro and now realize I can't run the 2015 versions of CC, which my other macs run. 

This is a serious issue as we simulaneously work on files all the time and we can't be constantly converting. 

So my options are:

1. Replace all my macs and blow 20K (not an option right now)
  2. Try to run the unsupported version of High Sierra (patched) on my old macs so I can upgrade my CC apps to 2019
  3. Return this brand new MacBook Pro that I just spent several grand on (leaning toward this option)
  4. Run High Sierra in a VMFusionWare and run my older Adobe apps in that

Does anyone have any experience running Adobe applications in VMFusion with Catalina?

Or running Adobe apps on a patched Mac Pro 3,1 with High Sierra?

None of these options are good and I have to say I am seriously depressed (Not exactly the emotion you should be feeling after buying one of the most expensive computers on the market).

I really don't understand how the folks at Apple think they are making the right decisions for their users. Yes it is 64 bit but that does not mean anything to me if I can not run the apps that I need to run.

I also do not understand why the folks at Adobe can not either make 2019 CC apps support the 2015 documents and vice versa. It isn't like I don't pay for this service every month!

TOPICS
Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly Apple decide to ban all old apps. That is something they do regularly. Which specific apps do you refer to? Most 2015 apps have been withdrawn by Adobe already, even before Catalina. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reality is, if you try running a colaborative studio with some users on 10 year old Macs, you'll inevitably hit some serious issues. The problem with option 3, and the general mentality of sticking to old-but-functioning software/hardware, is that at some point, you'll be upgading in a panic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I realize that I will have to upgrade eventually. Just trying to stagger the pain of replacing all the macs at once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just an update on things. I was able to upgrade my Mac Pro 3,1 as well as all my CC apps to 2020. We ran them all day on Friday and it ran beautifully as well as all the Adobe applications. Well I may at least get a couple more months out of this machine (fingers crossed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines