• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double sided printing? Facing Pages? Spreads?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, mite be a stupid question, but if I intend on printing single double sided pages, do I need to set up my document as facing pages? or does it not matter?
Also do I need to export the document as spreads?
Thank you for the help.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to print on both sides your documents have to be set up as document with facing pages, as probsbly you have elements relative to the spine, like page numbers, running headers or margins.

For print export the document as single pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a single sheet printed both sides, set it up as two separate pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your pages are NOT gong to be viewed adjacent to each other, your "Spreads" will only be on page wide, so Single Pages is what you want. You can export a PDF normally.
If you plan on having a format that resembles a book / magazine with images or text that flow across multipule pages, use Facing Pages for your document set-up.  If you are printing the document, don't export your document as spreads, ask your print provider what they want.  If you are printing yourself. you'll have to use the "Print Booklet..." feature.  You might need to use the internet to show you how to do this if you don't already know. It's not always a straight forward as it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines