• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing curved lines?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to draw curved lines indicating movements on a map using the pen tool in In-design as instructed in the manuals and online help. This seems to be limited to 's' curves. How can I draw a simple 'c' curve, with one curve in between points?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure the "C" shape is a simple smooth curve with just two anchor points:

InDesign CC152.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I just cannot get a 'c' curve with two anchor points. Whenever I click and drag with the pen tool, no matter from where to where in or outside a straight line, I get an 's', or a crazy loop.

Perhaps you could step me through the process? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After clicking and dragging the second anchor point don't release the mouse, but turn the anchor point's handle in the opposite directon.

Or:

When you've dragged the first anchor point from right to left (bottom to top), then drag the second one from left to right top to bottom).

Hope this helps.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the illustration, I used Fenja's second method. At the top I dragged to the left, then released. I moved my cursor down and dragged to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you trying to learn to draw bezier curves? This is an Ai page, the but Pen tool works the same in InDesign:

How to draw with the Pen, Pencil, or Flare tool in Illustrator

Or do you just need a C? The easiest way to get a C without knowing how to draw curves is to draw a circle (or ellipse):

InDesign CCss_012.png

Select just one anchor point (a selected anchor point is solid, deselect points are hollow) with the Direct Selection tool (the white arrow):

InDesign CCss_013.png

Then tap Delete on the keyboard:

InDesign CCss_014.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines