• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropdown list behaviour in CC InDesign on Mac

Contributor ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently had some users update to CC2020 from CS5.5 and have received an issue with the handling of the selected item in Drop Down Lists that have lots of content. 

A good example can be found in the Preferences -> Story Editor Display -> Text Display Options ->Font: drop down list.

If you choose an item about halfway down the list and then re-open it to choose another item, the selected item is now scrolled to the top of the list.

In CS5.5 the behavior was different, it would show several of the previous items.

The list could also be scrolled by hovering over the up and down arrows that bounded the list extremities, now you have to use the scroll wheel or click in the scroll bar.

Users are now complaining of having to do much more clicking ad scrolling to get to the items they want so I was wondering if there are any options to bring back something close to the previous behavior.

Note: the use case cited above is just an example of the problem so a plug-in code based fix for a custom DDL would be good if any other options are not available.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

You've just jumped eight versions and have missed an awful lot of interim changes. I don't even remember behavior in CS5.5.

That said, I understand people hate change and you've just dumped a decade's worth on them. I don't personally see using a scroll wheel as an inconvenience but if you want to share your thoughts with the InDesign engineers you should do so here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit>preferences>Type

Then in here you shoudl see a setting for Number of Recent Fonts to Display.

Not sure if this is what you mean - a picture is worth a thousand words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some pictures for clarification.

CS5.5 Behaviour in the first image, CC behaviour in the 2nd.

This is just an example of the difference in drop down list behaviour and nothing to do with fonts as it affects all DDLs in InDesgin / InCopy.

image.pngimage (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've just jumped eight versions and have missed an awful lot of interim changes. I don't even remember behavior in CS5.5.

That said, I understand people hate change and you've just dumped a decade's worth on them. I don't personally see using a scroll wheel as an inconvenience but if you want to share your thoughts with the InDesign engineers you should do so here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines