• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating a Page Creates a Copy with Offset Content from the Original

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Reportiong a possible bug. When I copy / duplicate a page that already has exisiting content, the new duplicate is created with all objects and text slightly offset to the right, about 100px. This is only present in the most recent release. I've rolled back the install to 14.0.2 to temporarily resolve the issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and highlighting this. We are extremely sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with latest update of InDesign. I would request if you can share a few more details like: 

1. Operating system (exact version Windows/MAC).
  2. Step by step workflow.
  3. A sample file and a few screenshots of the issue.

All this information will help us replicating this issue at our end and report it to the product team if required. 

You can also share the similar information on our UserVoice page: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for checking in. I continued to investigate the issue to find out the problem was that the Adjust Layout feature was checked, in the Margins and Columns menu, when I previously adjusted the layout. I went back into the menu and unchecked the box, hit OK, and no more content resizes when copying / duplicating a page using (hold) alt + drag.

Copying pages using alt + drag, while Adjust Layout was checked on, was producing odd results.

Cheers -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines