Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding Power BI within InDesign

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to embed a Power BI report within Adobe InDesign document that I will publish online.

When I use <iframe> tag, I get blocked webiste. Is there any way to do this? Or any work around it?

My end goal is to have a page within the document to show an interactive Power BI report.

Any tip is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Best,

M.S.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you expand on your workflow a bit? I don't use Publish Online myself, but I don't believe that you'd be able to insert PowerBI content in this way. Wouldn't you need to generate a static report, and save it in a format that can be placed in InDesign? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Joel.
My aim here is to get the dynamic content to the report. So the readers will be able to filter/slice data while reading the report.

It's possible to embed a website, but apparently only limited websites Adobe approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt Adobe is "approving" all websites inserted as an iframe. I would imagine that the path as to have a certain format. What is the format/structure of the address you are trying to put in the iframe? (you can x out critical info to keep it private.)

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines