• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endnote is italic, how to make endnote number NOT italic

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I design books and run into this. When the first letter of an endnote is italic, it makes the number of the endnote also italic. How do I un-italisize the number of the endnote?

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not work with endnotes yet, but ran a little test, and it seems to be that easy:

There is an menu-item in the font menu to edit document endnote-options, where you can set a paragraph-style for your endnotes. I guess, if nothing selected, your default paragraph get italic and so is the endnote. Id suggest just to use an own paragraph style for your endnote.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 08.43.17.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-12 um 08.24.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you add, or paste (italic) text to an endnote, the number format does not change.

When you have or select the first letter or word of the endnote text (in italic), neither

When you select the first line or the whole paragraph, it includes the endnote number and any format change works too on the endnote number.

If that's the case you have a edit the Paragraph style applied or create a new one,  and include a nested (character) style, that gets applied to the endnote number only.

Thus you need a character style for those numbers, include that Character style and up to 1  Tab character

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please let us know so that we can assist you further. 

Else please confirm if any of the suggestions above helped. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this instruction, that is how to do it:

If that's the case you have a edit the Paragraph style applied or create a new one,  and include a nested (character) style, that gets applied to the endnote number only.

Thus you need a character style for those numbers, include that Character style and up to 1  Tab character

Can I get some help with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check this picture. Create a character style (I have made one using Bold, instead of regular, and magenta color for contrasting) I also edit the paragraph style applied to the endnotes.

In the tab for Drop Caps and Nested Styles, add the character style that will be applied just to the initial number(s), also use other setting available in their respective drop down menus. Just as easy.

nested.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robbie:

Can I get some help with this?

Yes, we can help. Would you mind letting us know if Federico was able to give you what you needed?

When I keystroke this, setting the first word to italics does not change the number, so I'm wondering if we can take a look at a page from your file to see if we can figure out what's going on.

~Barb

endnote2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines