• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error exporting file to PDF (2024)

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export an InDesign file I have previously worked on other versions, but this error prompts:

"Failed to export the PDF file."

"Possible cause of failure is present on spread with page number "5"."

I have deleted the spread mentioned in the error, removed all hyperlinks, verified that the document has no errors, and tried to export the file in batches, but nothing is working.

For reference: I'm using macOS Monterey.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Maybe your file got corrupted? 

Try IDMLing - Export as IDML, open and save with a NEW NAME - do not overwrite your original file!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What content is on that or the next page?

Did you place an EPS file?

Fid you use T1 fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In those pages, there's only text and 1 linked jpg. I'm using fonts: Sofia Pro and Muli.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I'm trying to export an InDesign file I have previously worked on other versions, but this error prompts...

Does it mean that you can still export the same file using the same setting from InDesign 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF export settings, joboptions, are saved on a common place, available to all Adobe programs. You can use them in all versions. 

What font type is Muli?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your file got corrupted? 

Try IDMLing - Export as IDML, open and save with a NEW NAME - do not overwrite your original file!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having same issue since upgraded to InDeign 19.4 Have tried saving to desktop instead of network to server, this works, but not good enough as it adds to workflow. Previously was able to save over Network to my Work in Progress server. ANybody other suggestions/solutions please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having same issue since upgraded to InDeign 19.4 Have tried saving to desktop instead of network to server, this works, but not good enough as it adds to workflow. Previously was able to save over Network to my Work in Progress server. ANybody other suggestions/solutions please?

By @Chris Kunnert

InDesign 19.4 has a number of known issues. Try to revert to 19.3 (you can do this from Creative Cloud app) - will the problem go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have downgraded to InDesign 19.3 and works ok for now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had a similar case solved just because MacOS (or the user) didn't grant InDesign access to "desktop" or "download folder" etc or even "complete disk access". Do check those settings in System Settings > Privacy and Security > File and Folders and check whether InDesign has all the right switches set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had a similar case solved just because MacOS (or the user) didn't grant InDesign access to "desktop" or "download folder" etc or even "complete disk access". Do check those settings in System Settings > Privacy and Security > File and Folders and check whether InDesign has all the right switches set up.

By @thelazydesigner

Yeah, there was a thread in German few months ago - no enough access was the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines