• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: SaveBackService.apln

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT support person created a new image of my computer in August.  Since then, I have received this message with InDesign CS6, but not Photoshop, Bridge or Illustrator. Despite the error message I can successfully save my InDesign files:

"Adobe InDesign cannot load the SAVEBACKSERVICE.APLN plug-in. The SAVEBACKSERVICE.APLN plug-in requires the 8.1 version of InDesign. Please contact the vendor to get a compatible version of SAVEBACKSERVICE.APLN."

Here are my questions:

1. What does this error message mean and are there any consequences of just living with it?

2. Is there a 8.1 version of InDesign? I thought 6.0 was the last before moving to the Cloud?

3. How do I contact the vendor to get a compatible version of SAVEBACKSERVICE.APLN?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Hi,

the Saveback Service feature is a feature that comes with the Creative Cloud version of InDesign. With that you are able to open InDesign files that were saved with higher versions of InDesign. Basically a document from a higher version will be opened on an Adobe server in the cloud, saved back using an IDML file. And the service will open that IDML file and save it with your version of InDesign to a document.

What's your exact version of InDesign?

Look it up by holding the Cmd key ( Mac OS X )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the Saveback Service feature is a feature that comes with the Creative Cloud version of InDesign. With that you are able to open InDesign files that were saved with higher versions of InDesign. Basically a document from a higher version will be opened on an Adobe server in the cloud, saved back using an IDML file. And the service will open that IDML file and save it with your version of InDesign to a document.

What's your exact version of InDesign?

Look it up by holding the Cmd key ( Mac OS X ) or Ctrl key ( Windows ) and go to "About InDesign".

I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign CS6 when logged in with your Adobe ID with the Creative Cloud Desktop app. And yes, there is a version of CS6 that is named 8.1.0. Currently I have that installed on Windows. It's also available with Mac OS X. It's very likely that it's only available with Adobe Creative Cloud.

The Saveback Service is not available with the perpetual license version of InDesign CS6.

From my German InDesign CS6 8.1.0 on Windows 10:

InDesign-CS6-8.1.0.PNG

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for helping.  I checked my version and it's listed as 8.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines