• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Even if I open the documents with the 2019 version with in which were created, I get an error

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,
first of all, sorry english ...
I have the 2019 version of InDesign. I also downloaded the 2020 version (15.1 serious problems for the numbering of notes and the elements of the master pages, such as testatine… bug already reported by others). I uninstalled the 2020 version 15. to download the 15.0.3 version that "seems" to have no problems with the notes and headers. The problem, however, is this: I still want to open my documents with the 2019 version, because in the printing phase, and I don't want to have "loose errors" due to the 2020 version. Even if I open the documents with the 2019 version with which they have been created, I get an error saying that they were created with a later version and that to open them use 15.x or convert them. Because?
If I opened InDD 2019 and open the files from the menu or by dragging them into the application and, I repeat, the files were created with InDD 2019, why this error and I have to do the conversion?
Thanks for the possible solution

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Another option is to try the Adobe CC Cleaner tool. It will manually uninstall certain or all versions of InDesign. I would uninstall all version, then re-install 2019. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why we would mind. Your schedule is only known to you. Some people don't reply back for months...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IDEAS-Training, I will update you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ute,

of course finish your job first before testing anything else.

Hm. But I would advice not to overwrite any of the older files.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe Laubender, at this point I think I will do a restore from InDesign's TimeMachine back-up (not the works). Or not? Then I'll have to fix something, I know ... But maybe it's the best solution. As soon as I can, I try ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it with Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. I restarted the Mac, then I reinstalled InDesign 2019 v. 14.0.3 and InDesing 2020 v. 15.0.3. It all seems ok. Thanks for the advice and patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines