• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export pdf InDesign fail

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a team and recently several of them are having problems exporting pdfs.  All the links appear to be connected (green). Usually, when relinking, the name of the image is populated in the bar and you just hit enter. For two photos the file name was blank”. When she tried to manually copy the two photos over she got the following error message: "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\User\... Verify the item's location and try again." Even though they are clearly in the links folder and show as a green check (meaning they are downloaded on the machine). When she downloaded the two photos again, it exported fine.

I had heard there was a bug with 18.2 but I thought it was resolved (18.2.1)?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Veronica22551996i6fw ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you mind sharing a few more details like:

1. The version of  OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Where are the files saved, locally or on any network drive or shared folder?

We're here to help, just need more details.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Rishabh,

1. They are on Windows 11, version 22H2. One user is on a HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook. 

2. Different users are having problems with different files. It is happening to multiple files, but not all files. Some are fine. 

We are on Sharepoint and OneDrive

3. Also, one of them is having issues with the links when reopening files, they are all appearing broken. Relink, save then when one of us reopens the file, all the links are broken again.

I am on a mac and I have not had the issues they are. I can go into the same file and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Rishabh,

1. They are on Windows 11, version 22H2. One user is on a HP EliteBook 840 G8 Notebook. 

2. Different users are having problems with different files. It is happening to multiple files, but not all files. Some are fine. 

We are on Sharepoint and OneDrive

3. Also, one of them is having issues with the links when reopening files, they are all appearing broken. Relink, save then when one of us reopens the file, all the links are broken again.

I am on a mac and I have not had the issues they are. I can go into the same file and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Veronica,

I am so sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, please ensure InDesign has full permissions for the drives on which the files exist, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines