• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export spread and open it on mobile and computer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my document as a PDF-spread and open the PDF on my mobile, it shows the spread just like I made it in Adobe Indesign (two pages next to eachother). However, when I open the PDF on my computer, it shows 4 pages next to eachother.

Please advice how I can export the spread so it shows two pages next to eachother on both computer as mobile.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More details. Are you actually choosing spreads in the export? What PDF reader are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response, I thought it was solved since I selected "show one page at a time" on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. But when I send this PDF to people that do not have this option, they'll still see four pages next to eachother. I have selected to export it as a spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only program which supports all PDF functionality is Adobe Acrobat. You cannot determine which application is used from any remote customer, either their settings. You have to live with this limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you correctly exported a spread page pdf (two or more pages combined). If you see 4 pages in Acrobat or Reader, it could be because you have your Acrobat page display preference set to Two-Up, or your PDF initial view setting is set to Two-Up (File> Properties> Initial View> Page Layout> Two-Up).

two up.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Wietske5EE6 How do you have your PDF preset configured? I export in Pages, not Spreads, and then decide on how I want the PDF viewing to be, i.e., Two-up Continuous (Cover Page) for books. Naturally, the viewer can change those settings once the document is open with Acrobat, but this is how it will first appear.

JainLemos_0-1641929646209.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines