• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to PDF with photos in RGB and text in CMYK

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some assistance on how to export to PDF with images in RGB and text in CMYK.

Is this possible?

When I set the export settings to convert to Adobe RGB, the text is also converted to RGB. Is there a way to separate the colour space for images and text?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Geoff

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you missed my Acrobat post above, AcrobatPro lets you make conversions into a single RGB space and protect CMYK black, which is what @ozdefy12345678  is trying to do.

For mixed profiles to work the print driver needs to convert from the source RGB profiles, not ignore them and assign some default RGB space. If that is happening embedded ProPhotoRGB would indeed create big output problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue with ProPhoto in this workflow is also the the limit of PDF to be supporting only 8-bit, if I rememeber correctly. For those that do use a ProPhoto in PDF workflow, please confirm that I'm not spreading rumors. I know exporting a 16-bit Photoshop file to PDFx4 will give an 8 bit image in the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines