We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I've noticed that when I create printable PDFs with InDesign CC v15.1.2, the page information that InDesign places outside of the trim area is often cut-off, especially on smaller jobs. This has been a problem for as long as I can remember. There seems to be an adequate amount of space for this information. Please see the included image.
Is this a setting or a bug?
Thanks for the suggestion, Bob. I increased it to a ridiculous 1/2" and it didn't make a difference. Hopefully, somebody from Adobe will see this thread and chime in because it's really annoying. Plus, it makes me look unprofessional whenever I send a file to my printer or a client. 🙂
Does anyone have any other ideas? How do I contact Adobe to report a bug or find out if they can help?
I would uncheck this option.
Instead, I would create a custom sized slug area with Document Setup and provide the information with InDesign text variables. Name of the document, date and page number should be no problem.
Don't know what you expect additionally in the slug.
( ACP )
How do you create the PDF? Via export or via print?
Using Adobe PDF Presets.
To be honest, I shouldn't have to do any additional work to add job information to the artwork. This is already built-in to InDesign. Adobe just needs to implement it properly.
"How do I contact Adobe to report a bug or find out if they can help?"
You could write a feature request at Adobe InDesign UserVoice and advertise it:
( ACP )
I'm having the same issue and it would be too cumbersome to add additional slug area for this information. Any word from Adobe as this post is almost a year old?
why too cumbersome? This is set up in less than ten minutes.
And for the next project it's just a matter of copy and paste…
FWIW: I cannot think that a feature request ( or bug report ) like that has any high priority in InDesign development.
( ACP )
It is cumbersome when you're doing hundreds of files. Less than 10 minutes mulitplied times 100. I realize it's easy, but it's time consuming when multipied for so many projects. And it's a bug report. Was just checking to see if it might have been fixed by now. In the 20+ years I've used Adobe Creative Products, they're usually good about fixing bugs on their current features, as customer satisfaction is their highest priority.
Thanks for the feedback!
If I include Bleed marks as well as Crop marks it seems to work: