Exporting email signature from indesign to photoshop

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created an email signature consisting of text and pictures on indesign. I have also created in on illustrator. My artboard for both is the size I want it - 650px x 150px. I have tried every way to export it, but the image either comes out blurry, or the image is then way oversized. I am trying to use this export in photoshop and slicing it up to then code my email signature with clickable links, so it needs to be the right size when i click 'save to web (legacy)'. If i try and scale the image down, it is blurry. Any help would be great on this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try you in the InDesign forum first, although someone may move you to Photoshop later.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My artboard for both is the size I want it - 650px x 150px

If your InDesign Ruler units are set to Pixels, and the page measures 650px x 150px, you can Export to an image format with the same pixel dimensions by setting the Resolution to 72PPI in the Export to JPEG or PNG dialogs. You can also export the page to PDF and open the PDF in Photoshop at 72PPI and get the 650px x 150px pixel dimensions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export as PDF/x-4, open that in Ps wth the desired size.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the above advice, plus keep in mind that apps like email clients are not always very consistent about placing and scaling graphics. (Nor can you be sure that recipients will see it exactly as you've scaled it.)

You may need to scale the graphic in your sig or template layout to get it exactly the size and proportion you want.

|| Word & InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): a Professional Guide (Amazon)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help - I have attached what the image looks like when I export to either jpeg or png at 72ppi. Not sure what I am doing wrong as it is perfect on my screen before I export? Email footer 3.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eloise24469267nbaw , I think this is happening because InDesign and Photoshop define the 100% view differently.

If you design with InDesign with the page magnification set at 100% the text dispalys at the actual print output size and is going to appear larger than it would at 100% in Photoshop or an email client where the 100% view is 1:1 image pixel to monitor pixel.

The view difference depends on your monitor resolution. Here’s 11pt (11pixels) text viewed in InDesign (top) and Photoshop at 100%:

Screen Shot 10.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, prior to CS6 the InDesign 100% view was the same 1:1 ratio as Photoshop’s. You can change the 100% view via scripting. This will let you toggle between the Print 100% view and a screen 1:1 100% view:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/149b6ffc-bd7e-4b25-6165-c8a16a0ac289

Dialog looks like this:

Screen Shot 11.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines