Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendscript CS6 cannot use indesign cs6 as target

Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch Extendscript and select Adobe InDesign CS6 in the targets dropdown it asks if I want to open the application. I then click yes. InDesign then opens and the view stays on InDesign rather then switching back to Extendscript. If I then switch back to Extendscript the link is grey not green. Pressing the green play button to fix it just gives an error:

Cannot execute script. Target Adobe InDesign CS6 provides no engine for debugging.

I cannot find the cause of this. I have tried reinstalling InDesign but still get the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly I am also unable to properly target CS6 from ExtendScript. What happened to this scripting app? It's throwing up all over the place, launching CS5 when I already have the doc open in CS6.

It's a real pain that there's no script debugging apparent in CS6 with ExtendScript. Perhaps they removed that feature to force the  Creative Cloud upgrade, where it's miraculously restored! Eh.

Any clues why ExtendScript will not edit CS6 scripts? That seems like the entire reason for this application, but it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ESTK can not talk to InDesign when InDesign is showing a modal dialog. Close all the startup dialogs of InDesign.

When ESTK insists on a wrong version even after you chose the correct one, you're using a versioned #target statement somewhere in your script. That #target could also be buried at the 5th #include level ...

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably a bit late to be of help to ib_ama but to anyone encoutering the same problem:

"If I then switch back to Extendscript the link is grey not green."

For me the solution turned out to be restarting AE as administrator. At least that solved the grey/green link issue for me.

FYI I was trying to install a pseudo effect in After Effects.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines