• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendscript Toolkit debugger fails on Mac: Can't start debug session

Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting from this morning I get the Error Message "(#1116) Can't start debug session." on my Mac for any target / Application.

ESTK 4.0.0.1

MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

Scrips are running, but the message is annoying. Any Ideas?

I had some minor security Updates on my Mac today. This guy on debugging - Extendscript Toolkit debugger fails: Can't start debug session - Stack Overflow  has the same problem starting from today. Anyone encountering this problem as well?

TOPICS
Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

OK, I have a more official fix, please give it a try:

So a possible workaround is to suggest the following to users

1.       Open the file(Mac): “/Applications/Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit CC/ExtendScript Toolkit.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Required/cdic/11BTBackend.jsx”

2.       Search for the value: 604800000 (line reads bt.timeout = 604800000)

3.       Replace that value with 604800 and save

4.       Quit ExtendScript Toolkit and relaunch.

A handful of third-party developers have verified this works.

H

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it will be a good replacement, glad it had jsxbin export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone still watching this thread, if you'd like to try out the ESTK VSCode plugin, it is now in prerelease for Mac (Mac only for now, Windows in a couple weeks) you can join the prerelease and give us feedback in the prerelease forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit that while sceptical at first, I have been starting coding with VisualStudio Code and it's quite ok.

A few issues but not that surprising with an uprising "product".

The only real thing that annoys me right now is when you want to run a one line script. I just find it requires more settings than necessary in that case but I may be wrong ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of last Friday, the first release of the ExtendScript Debugger for Visual Studio Code is now available in the VSCode Marketplace. Read more about it on the Adobe Tech Blog. This release is for Mac, the Windows version is still in beta, a stable Windows release will follow in about two weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agreed. Looks really nice.

It is a bit annoying needing to save a temporary script, and mess with the launch json file for a quick ad-hoc script, but I just keep a testing folder on my desktop with a testing json and jsx already there, and seems to help a bit.

I do have an ongoing question regarding scriptUI wich if I can get answered I will be able to move to CS Code 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines