• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Downloading "Share for review" as a PDF or import comments from it in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared a PDF file with a client for his review using the "Share for Review" feature.

Can he (does not have Creative Cloud) download a file with his comments on it using Safari/Chrome? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out. I am afraid downloading PDF from "Share for Review" is not possible as of now. However, I will pass on your feedback to our Product team, and you can do that too by upvoting this request and sharing your comments here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/43644411-download-pdf-in-share-for-review). This is the best way of communicating with the Product team regarding issues and suggestions so they can be imple

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he can download the file but i'm not sure he can do anything other than read it (with the free acrobat reader).  to actually edit the pdf he would need something more (eg, acrobat pro).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How he can download that file with all the comments included?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what pdf or cc service are you using to share the pdf file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign CC "share for review" creates the url and that is what I shared with my client. He opens it using Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you familar with:

Adobe Sign? 

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign.html

Creating fillable PDF forms with Acrobat Pro DC?

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/how-to/create-fillable-pdf-forms-creator.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also something what I miss with share for review. It should be possible to download a PDF directly from there because some clients or editors like to print it out before they will make all marks. Would be nice if there is a checkbox to enable PDF download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out. I am afraid downloading PDF from "Share for Review" is not possible as of now. However, I will pass on your feedback to our Product team, and you can do that too by upvoting this request and sharing your comments here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/43644411-do...). This is the best way of communicating with the Product team regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. Also, by doing this, you will keep getting all the updates related to this feature request, which would help us prioritize.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been two years and I have not seen any ability for the reviewie to download the pdf of files they are sent. Please let me know how this is possible! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature would be extremely beneficial for our processes as well! Hoping for a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, agree! Come on Adobe, please listen. Please have a way to print out a Share for Review pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a large architectural and interior design publication with a remote team. They are a little old school, but none the less, they refuse to adopt this way of reviewing creative because their was no option to download the PDF. 

The photographer said th elinks don't even work for him. 

I've had other remote teams I work with who also refuse to use this feature. They work off of Google Drive to share files and post PDF's for review. That seems to be the standard these days. From where I sit, this share for review feature is a feature that is going largely unused because it's lat to the game and wasn't fully developed with a professional workflow in mind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the feedback. Let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the team and you can do that too by voting on this existing request.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines