• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Figure & Table Numbering sequence within different Object/Text Frames

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a report template for my company, and I am looking to insert and achor images within the text. I am also looking to create pages for full page figures that are not anchored within the text. All the figures that are within the text follow the stipulated sequence I set within the paragraph style, using the same "List." They are generating sequentially within those text frames over multiple pages. But the full page figure captions are not in sequential order by appearance order within the document. They start at the end of the numbering wihtin the text frames, and continue in order of the full page frames. 

Is numbering tied to the story within the text boxes? or is it by order within the document? 

As you see in the attached image, the map on the left should be Figure 1-2, and the image on the right should be Figure 1-3. However, the Map is numbered Figure 1-4 and the image to the right is Figure 1-1, which is not in order of appearance within the document. They are the same paragragh style using the same Numbered List. Any tips or tricks? or do they have to all be wihtn the text or all have to have their own frame?

Thanks in Adance! - Xtina

IND Help.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eugene!

I looked at that thread several times, and I guess it wasn't clear enough to me which frames to anchor to what? I tried creating a new text frame on the full figure page and anchoring the object to that new text frame, but it didn't change anything. I then tried anchoring the text frame serving as the caption on the full page figure to the main body text frame on the same spread, which appears to have worked. But it will only work if I can anchor text on the same spread, as it otherwise moves the caption to the page that the anchor is placed. So if I have two full page captions on the same spread, that may not work. 

It still appears tied to the appearance wihin the text, rather than order of appearance within the document. I wish there was a setting so you could choose if the numbering was in order within the text, or order within the document. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines