Fonts: Encrypted fonts are used. Not every shop supports encrypted fonts

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
I am working on client project (Books epub Creation). When I export book as Epub Fixed Layout and send to my client. He tell me to solve this error " Fonts: Encrypted fonts are used. Not every shop supports encrypted fonts.". 

I have books in 20 languages and each book has different font.
Anyone please help me how to solve this issue. I search a lot and watch videos but unable to solve this issue.
I shall be very thankful to you.
Regards Yasir Ali

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple answer is to use more widely shared fonts for EPUB, especially those developed for sale or wide distribution. There isn't really any other solution. Or take what books you can to PDF instead of FXL EPUB.

|| Word & InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): a Professional Guide (v2 now on Amazon!)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One option is to use Sigil to open the epubs, right-mouse click each font in the browser panel and change the Font Obfuscation to "None".

Then save the epub. Fixed.

However, that doesn't mean you are actually allowed to distribute those fonts without encryption, of course.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines