• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts listed as missing, but they aren't!!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! I've searched all over the internet, called Adobe Customer Service and spoken to my IT guys.

Problem: I have an existing Indesign document 60+ pages that uses lots and lots of tables. Every quarter this document gets updated to reflect new figures in the tables. This time I have opened after working on it yesterday and the font suddenly acts as if it's missing??

I have since deleted the font and replaced with Futura PT Condensed. BUT now this font acts as missing also. I have deleted all duplicates, it's a font synced from Typekit. I have the most updated version of Indesign (CC), though I did try to backdate Indesign and see if it worked (it didn't). I've also tried saving as an IDML file, on a different computer in the office, an older version of the document which has worked previously and now the font acts as missing. I have restarted my computer... I tried adding the font to the "Font" folder in Indesign folders. NOTHING WORKS.

Sometimes it looks fine that the font is there, and then I go to change the leading and boom, the font goes highlight pink and replaces with some dodgy font I can't even understand and acts as if it's missing again. Then I'll move out of the document and come back and it's miraculously there again, only to disappear again 5 mins later.

I'm hoping someone can shed a little light?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have described my exact same problem (everything shows the font is synced but indesign can't find it). It was just when I went to check CC Desktop when I saw that it was having some syncing issues. I clicked reload and magically, when going back to Id, they fonts appeared (I had 3 missing fonts!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Koho (my brand font!) in InDesign only. Nothing is working. This is a complete disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try any of the things that worked for others? Karen5E2E (the post you directly replied to) simply clicked reload in the CC app. I logged out and back in (which probably does the same sort of reloading). And much earlier, someone found a suggestion by Bill Silbert helpful. It seems to be a syncing issue that can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem last year, and this fixed it completely:

If you're on a Mac, I think I just figured it out. In addition to Adobe fonts disappearing constantly, I was also having to manually install any fonts I downloaded from other sites. I followed the instructions on Apple's site for "Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder" here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201548. The names of my folders were the same, but my home directory was pointing to the folder that started with a lower case letter, when the folder starts with a capital letter. I changed everything to a different file name and changed it back. When I rebooted my computer, both issues seem to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue, fonts looked like they were open in FontBook but not available in InDesign. I usually drag and drop into FontBook, but the solution to this problem was to delete the problem fonts, add using the "+" instead of drag and drop, ignore the warning that fonts weren't loaded, and reopen the InDesign document. They are older fonts that don't have extensions as part of the font name, and it seems like this is the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super buggy, any fix for this yet or time to find a new program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion dates back to 2018. At this point it's best if you start a new one with full system details. I'm going to lock this to avoid any future confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines