• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts look pixelated

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When connecting my MacBook Air M2 2022 to my Thunderbolt 27 inch display small type does not render properly as it did when I worked om my 27 inch IMac. All the display settings are set to maximum. Compared to Photoshop it seems Photoshop does a better job. As can be seen in the screenshot. Left is InDesign. Any ideas? Note that the font in Photoshop is not a rendered image.

test.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the resolutions of the monitors? Physical size is only part of the equation. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess when the two are on the same screen this should not be the issue, but the display is set at 2560x1440.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like your internal display resolution. What are the external monitor resolutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain 'external monitor resolutions', is there a problem with the MacBook Airs resolution? That has 2560x1664. I selected the Thunderbolt as my main screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have an external monitor attached, it will have its own resolution. Your display settings should show a dialog box on each monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not explain the difference in behaviour between InDesign and Photoshop on one and the same monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the size and resolution of your Photoshop file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Size in photoshop is not relevant because the type is not yet converted to pixels, it only serves to show that the screen animation of the type behaves differently in Photoshop compared to InDesign. I have 30+ years of experience in looking at type on screen. Its like being set back to around 1999. Its weird because any other program like Safari or what have you seems to have no problem rendering tiny typefaces on screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

test3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines