Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gap tool: adjusting exact values

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I have a frustrating problem whenever I use the gap tool in InDesign CC 2019. When I adjust a gap, I see the numerical size of it next to the cursor as well as in the control panel, so far so good. But I have not found a way to enter a numerical value or otherwise control exactly how big the gap becomes. It is nearly impossible for me to adjust two gaps to be exactly the same size because, 1) the values do not change continuously when I move the cursor, and 2) even when I find the right value, it changes very slightly as I release the mouse button.

Adjusting several gaps to exactly the same sizes seems like such an obvious thing people do, that I figure there has to be a way. But what is that way?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

For exact measuresments, use the spacing tools at the bottom of the Align dialog

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.56.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For exact measuresments, use the spacing tools at the bottom of the Align dialog

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.56.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That's a reasonable workaround in many situations, but it doesn't (I think) let me set the distance to the edge of the page nor set just one gap at a time. This time my workaround was to set the page margin to the desired gap width and just snap my objects (picture frames) to the margin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All Affinity applications are freezing Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines