Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GREP to find superscript whole word

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Im find diffculties in identify the whole word (TM) in paticular scenario.

Example text: 

Note: TM is in superscript

Ro dolut fugia TMdolorem quasIllenetusam TM am delesTM reiustATM, officiat velendiorpos as TMAdolorrumque nam volor ma non num quisTMvolore.

I had used  \<(?i)TM\>  in GREP.

Result i got:   TMdolorem, quasIllenetusam TM am.

But I'm unable to get these possibilites: delesTM , quisTMvolore

Kindly help me in this.

Thanks

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just need to find TM irrespective of whether it is superscript or not you can use the following

(?i)TM

You can remove (?i) if it's always TM and you don't need to look for cases like tm, Tm etc

If you have to look only for TM in superscript then in addition to the above grep use the find format option of the find/change dialog and select superscript as the option

I don't understand why you use \<\> in your grep statement, maybe I am missing something but as far as I can undertand it will literally search for TM enclosed in <>. But your question states you are concerned only about TM

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the \< and \> they means begining and end of word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd use TM/>, because in English at least I don't know any words that end in TM. Make sure you don't match, say, DEPARTMENT. Below is  an example using a character style called "superscript".

- Mark

EDIT: This will still incorrectly find some acronyms, eg. "ATM" (automatic telling machine).

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 12.09.21 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines