• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEIC files solution for InDesign

New Here ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution to the issue of HEIC files and using them in InDesign. IF you have the Adobe Suite or products, use Adobe Lightroom to convert HEIC files to jpgs. No additional costs as the previous solution I have seen on Adobe community. Then the images can be used in InDesign or anywhere else needed.

1. File > Add Photos (there is a button on the right to finish the 'Add photos')
  2. File > Export; Settings pop up on the right and I choose JPG, Full Size and Quality 100%.
  3. Export to your preferred location.

This is the ONLY reason I use Lightroom. I get iPhone photos all the time from clients to use in design for them.

Best of luck!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign has been able to import HEIC files since Adobe InDesign 2023. See below:

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 10.15.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just tested on my MacBook Pro in InDesign 2024 and have no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect it may work on Macs. I just tried again on my Adobe InDesign 2024 on my PC and it gave me the error that I needed to install a third party add on. I don't have my Mac at work, or I would try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines