Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Images displaying Inverted / Negative

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

A selection of images in one of my working InDesign docs has seemed to inverted / turned negative. I'm unsure of how this happened and am eager to revert it. Have attached examples of how the images should appear (with white background) vs how they are appearing now (black background). When exporting to a PDF the images are appearing correctly, just not within the working InDesign file. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 11.13.45 am.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-05 at 11.11.32 am.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are the problem images? If opened in Photoshop do they have layers? Try saving as other formats, such as PSD or TIF. Also, if they are layered, see if they work when flattened. If flattening make sure you save under a new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emmaw35609789 ,

hm. Looking at your screenshot you may have transparent pixels with your placed images.

So the black background would look through.

To correct this:

Select the graphic frames holding the images and apply [Paper] as fill color.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!  It's a bit late but I ran into this exact same problem AND FOUND the cause of it.

I had three B&W photos in a 3oo page book whose PDF turned fine on the first opening, then on any subsequent, these images wehre inverted White&Black.  All are PSD files. So, I re-openened each file, flattened all layers ... Same issue !!!

Then I figured out that for only these images, the "content" was larger than the "frame". Instead of cropping the image under Photoshop, I got lazy and shrunk their frame on my pages.

I've reopened each of them under Photoshop, cropping them to the exact part of the image I wanted to place.

Now the exported PDF is fine.  So. No probleme with shrinking or expanding an image. However, the image must exactly fit its frame (Command-Shift-Option-E, then Command-Option-C).

Hope it helps others here.

Rgds,

Thierry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines