• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Helvetica and Zapf Dingbats

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need choices for helvetica and zapf dingbats fonts in indesign. They aren't there. I have a full purchase licence (student-teacher) and there seems to be no way to add them. Can I buy them from Adobe? Is there another solution? Do I to switch to monthly licence (Arghh)? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge Adobe InDesign does not bundle any version of Helvetica or Zapf Dingbats. Nor is it available via TypeKit. You can however purchase a license to use these font from a reseller

There is no free version of Helvetica bundled with Windows and the version of Helvetica bundled with MacOS is a .dfont variant of TrueType Helvetica that may problematic for publishing use. Helvetica is a trademarked, commercial font. It is not free and anyone offering you a free copy or versi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hasn't included fonts by those names for many years. You might be able to buy them on special order but they are type 1, a basically obsolete format. There are equivalents with new names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need these exact fonts? There’s a ton of alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge Adobe InDesign does not bundle any version of Helvetica or Zapf Dingbats. Nor is it available via TypeKit. You can however purchase a license to use these font from a reseller

There is no free version of Helvetica bundled with Windows and the version of Helvetica bundled with MacOS is a .dfont variant of TrueType Helvetica that may problematic for publishing use. Helvetica is a trademarked, commercial font. It is not free and anyone offering you a free copy or version of Helvetica is doing so outside the law.

Like i said before, you can license Helvetica, Helvetica Neue, etc. from commercial font vendors including Adobe, Monotype, etc.

You can also try and search for font alternatives for both these fonts and see if any of it matches your needs.

For example for Helvetica, TypeKit provides the following font alternatives to Helvetica.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acumin Pro is my favourite font of all time, I use it for everything and a great alternative for Helvetica since the licence is ridiculously overpriced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone. A friend and I (newspaper writer and designer) are starting a little freelance leaflet/brochure freelance business and were used to fonts from work. We have switched to new fonts suggested by you that we both have in inDesign CS6 and 5.5; now all good. Should have researched more before I guess. I still wish the world was less eager to through out stuff that wasn't broken, but hey, I am old. Minion, Myriad and Wingdings are fine. I'll try other suggested fonts as well.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines