• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you apply BOTH SIDES of a double page spread Master Page template to their corresponding pages (only left side is applying)?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a trial version of InDesign CC 2018 to complete a work project. I was sent templates to input content into and instructed to use Master Pages. There are 4 pages in the document. When viewing the document as individual Pages, you can see each one 1-4. However, when viewing them through Master Pages, you can only see Master A (Pages 1 and 2 as double page spread) and Master C (page 4). Page 3 is not included in the Master Pages. Only Page 1 of Master A and Page 4 of Master C are able to be applied to Pages 1 and 4.

How do I apply the right side of the double page spread (Page 2) for Master A to Page 2? Even when I specifically select the right side to apply to Page 2, the left side (Page 1) of Master A is applied to Page 2 instead.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right side master is going to be applied the odd numbered pages.

The easiest way to handle this is to create new master pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the master is a 2 page spread (see Master Options>Number of Pages) and you apply it to a two page spread you can't reverse the spread.

Screen Shot 3.png

If you want the same master to be applied to both sides of a spread it would have to be a single page master

Screen Shot 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines