• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add pages without messing up chronological order of pagenumbering, running headers, and footnotes order?

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In a book i translate, i need to add additional pages, because, there is no place left for the rest of the text in a chapter. The next page, a new chapter begin, but im not finished with the previous chapter. So i need more empty pages where i can insert the over limit text, which remains.

How do i add extra pages, without messing up the chronological order of the page-numbers in the index or footnotes or the running header?

Would appreciate any help.

Kind, Mohammad Modassir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

If the page numbers and running headings have been added properly (using Master Pages) then when you add more pages they will update automatically. Layout > Add pages > Insert Pages (or add them in the Pages panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the page numbers and running headings have been added properly (using Master Pages) then when you add more pages they will update automatically. Layout > Add pages > Insert Pages (or add them in the Pages panel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i add extra pages, without messing up the chronological order of the page-numbers in the index or footnotes or the running header?

And just to confirm, if chapter 1 ends on page 19, for example, and chapter two starts on 20, when you add the pages after 19 following Derek's correct answer, you do want everything from that point until the end to renumber, right? So if you add six pages after 19, what was page 20 now becomes page 26?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So according to your example, one should plus with 6, every page-numers in the index, from onwards from where one inserted the pages, right?

And what about the fotnotes, will they automatically adjust accordingly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines