• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create an interactive quiz in InDesign with fill in the blanks?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For my students I'm creating interactive text game (in form of presentation) with bunch of questions and logic puzzles in the content,  and I'm stuck on one step.

I tried to do:

Fill in blank questions with only one correct answer. Is there a way to do it in indesig or do i have to use captivate? If captivate is nescessary then can I create it there and then export it to indesig? Or maybe do you recomand using captivate from the start? Which program do you think will fit better into what I try to create? I dont have much expirience in any of them, so I don't mind switching from one to antoher, but I would like to pick better option from the start and then stick to it. 

Thanks for help

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

You can do multiple choice using show and hide buttons. I created educational materials with indesign also. Captivate we never have use, we use articulate, but indesign can do multiple choices no problem. For fill in, you would make a form field where the user types, however, you will not be able to have the user submit/check if answer is correct, with buttons you can have feedback submit as feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. You may check out this third-party youtube tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzJouL_mQTA). In this tutorial, you can learn to create an interactive quiz using Multiple Choice Questions (MCO's). See if this helps you out.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for your post. I acctualy watched this video before, but it only tells how to do MCQ, and I only will use fill in the blank type of questions, so this tutorial will be no use for me personaly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

another thing about that tutorial. that tutorial has you use MSO (multi state objects). That way of making interactive materials only works when exporting to html (publish online).

If you want something that works in .pdf and html (publish online) use show and hide buttons like i mentioned earlier.

when we make materials we use show and hide buttons for this reason. we publish online ( we use IN5 so we can host files ourselfs) and we make a .pdf version available for users that may want to work on it offline in /acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the format of end product: pdf, epub, html, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't need to be anything specific, meaning I can adjust in this matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does need to be specific if you want it to work in mobile devices. .pdf will not work well or at all in mobile. If you want or will have users open this in Mobile. HTML is the ticket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do multiple choice using show and hide buttons. I created educational materials with indesign also. Captivate we never have use, we use articulate, but indesign can do multiple choices no problem. For fill in, you would make a form field where the user types, however, you will not be able to have the user submit/check if answer is correct, with buttons you can have feedback submit as feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines