• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Data Merge with Multiple Images ?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to data merge multiple images into the same document? How would I differentiate the column names in the spreadsheet? I know the image column header should be "'@image" but what would the subsequent ones be named?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have a comprehensive help article related to your question.

Please click on https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/data-merge.html#add_image_fields_in_the_data_source_file to know how you can include multiple images with data merge in same document.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only critical portion of the column name is the @

any name is fine that follows that convention. @photo, @inuse, @portrait, @whatever. 
(within excel, the ' is necesary to keep the program from seeing the @ as an operator.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still not working for me for some reason. I have multiple columns with image file paths in them, but it's still not displaying anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" I have multiple columns with image file paths in them, but it's still not displaying anything."

It could have to do with how the paths are written. I avoid this by putting all of my images in one folder, and placing the data file in the same folder. This removes the need for file paths, so I can use the file name only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my images are in 1 folder. This is how I have the paths written out: Desktop/DataMergeTest/Images/anthony-delanoix-DIzG6BMK9zk-unsplash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My spreadsheet headings for the images are "@image", "@background" and "@lophotos" ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an InDesign file with 3 images and a few text blocks. I need to create multiple files with different text and images for each file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since, as you mentioned, all of your images are in one folder, you can put just the image_name.extension in the image columns

Screenshot 2019-10-11 14.33.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines