• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete a keyboard shortcut I've inadvertently created?

Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I don't know what strange combination of keys I managed to inadvertently hit, but I have somehow managed to inadvertently give an existing Character Style a shortcut which is triggered by a single keystroke. And not just any key… 'e'!

So if I'was typing this very sentence into InDesign it would look like this:

So if I'was typing this vry sntnc into InDsign it would look like this:

Arghhh!

And yet if I open the Charater Style Options dialog the Shortcut field is empty.

Any ideas how to solve? (simply shutting down InDesign and reopening wasn't sufficient)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have resorted to deleting the Character Style, which has allowed me to use the E key in its conventional fashion. But i'm going to leave the question up, because I'm intrigued about what I did, and want to know in advance what to do should it happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @puffmoike ,

did you perhaps open an InDesign document that was saved the last time from a previous version?

Had weird things like that with a customer's document once, but could not get to the reason why this happened.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Expert )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines