• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display "page 5" of a multi-page PDF on one ID page

Enthusiast ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have a 10-page PDF. I started a new ID file, drew a box, then placed this PDF into the box. It shows page one, which is what I want.

Then I created page two of the ID file. I copied and pasted the same PDF onto this page but now I want to skip to page 5 of the PDF. I'm not sure how to skip the PDF to page 5.

Can someone tell me how?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

When you place the pdf using File>Place you will see in the lower left corner of the Place dialog window "Show Import Options". When you check that option you will get another dialog which will allow you to select the page of the pdf that you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you place the pdf using File>Place you will see in the lower left corner of the Place dialog window "Show Import Options". When you check that option you will get another dialog which will allow you to select the page of the pdf that you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill's answer is correct. Just expanding on it.

The "Show Import Options" is a persistent setting which will show this extra dialogue box every time you place something. If you only want to occasionally see these extra settings, don't turn on the option but rather hold down the Shift key when you click the Open button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a great tip thank you so much. Thanks, too, to the others who replied here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

what could be also interesting for you is a script that is working on an already placed PDF (or any other placed graphic ) that will replace the graphic with itself showing the Import Options:

Re: Toggle pages of a linked Indesign document inside Indesign?

How to save ExtendScript ( JavaScript ) code to a script file, install the script file and execute it in InDesign:

Indiscripts :: Indiscripts for Dummies

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines