Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit Master Page in InDesign CC

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm new to InDesign and I'm currently working on a second project. I licensed FILE #:  198247288 and can't seem to change the Hello. I'm Jane Doe text at top of each page however I can change other text throughout the document. Please help.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this text on a Master page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'll be happy to help. Derek is right asking about master pages. The text is part of master pages (A and B both) and you can change it from Pages panel.

I have attached a screenshot below to help you understand better :

Screenshot_3.png

You may also take a look on help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/how-to/override-master-pages.html

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sami: the templates that come with your CC subscription have very sophisticated master pages that don't make  any sense to new users. I wrote this up for my students last year, and you may find it helpful:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-cant-edit-adobe-stock-cv-template/

The one you are trying to use has just two versions (US Letter and A4)—so be sure to view pages by alternate layout so that you can work on the paper size you want. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines