Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export Indesign to Photoshop ?

Contributor ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to convert Indesign files to Photoshop files.

How do I get Photoshop files in which all image frames in Indesign are separate layers in Photoshop, and all text frames are converted to text layers in Photoshop ?

Is there a plugin or script people can use ?

Thanx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very much appreciated - saved me 3 hours today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

superb - thanks rob & Uwe - works very well indeed - much appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi rob would you know the latest and working script? when im clicking the link attached here it's error 404 😞 you might know the newest script 😞 thanks in advance..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the JS ans AS versions are here (the JS version is the most recent)

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/11873033-f682-4425-68bd-239afeda1e0f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dont do that..  use IN5 to go from indesign to HTML..

Export HTML5 from InDesign with in5 - Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure everyone is now ever more intrigued to find out more of the specifics and intended use from the author of the original post....

Come on tmmls dont leave us in such suspense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I was wondering if this script was still available? The website it was hosted on seems to no longer be active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently translated the original Applescript into Javascript, see this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-layers-to-photoshop-js-version/td-p/11484245?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I know it's very conversation but I just wanted to share a document that talks about some of the common workflows between Photoshop and InDesign such as: How to import Photoshop files to InDesign, layer visibility, color mismatch, and more: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/photoshop-assets-in-indesign.html

Please take a look at the article and share your feedback.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mohit Goyal , the original question was how to move InDesign layers to Photoshop, not how to place .PSDs in InDesign and manipulate the Photoshop layers via Object Layer Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rob day 

Yes, I totally agree with you. This is one of the top discussions that talks about a workflow between Photoshop and InDesign so I wanted to share this new article here as it might be helpful for the other workflows 🙂

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the top discussions that talks about a workflow between Photoshop and InDesign

There’s also this one, which has 228,000 views:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-to-export-indesign-layers-to-photoshop-layer...

I think a feature that would export a layered InDesign page to a layered Photoshop file, would be welcomed—particularly if the text objects were moved to Photoshop as an editable Type Layer. Most of the interest in my script is coming from web designers who want to use InDesign for an initial wire frame (not HTML output), and then move over to Photoshop. The article in your link doesn’t mention exporting InDesign pages to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines