• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to print PDF with H&J Highlights

Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I need output pdf with H&J Highlights, so that we can validate the H&J without native file. Is there any options in applesctipt/javascript.

Thanks in Advance

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Hello Vinoth, the plugin you have does this.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 19, 2011 Jun 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pickory,

The simple indication of an override is more than enough for my needs. Thanks for your help.

Thanks in Advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vinoth,

I have not been able to give this as much time as it seems to need from me. When I get it working I will post it here.

I think I am very close but please do not delay any work waiting for this.

All the bet.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, Vinoth, how is showing H&J overrides going to be useful for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Just QC wants to know which line showing H&J overrides. Then they will validate that is right or wrong. Otherwise QC has to go line by line to check the H&J overrides.

Hi Pickory,

Any update for me?

Thanks in Advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. You realize there is no relationship between H&J overrides

and H&J violations. Highlighting shows violations, but not overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

Yes you are quite correct. If I could just detect that the highlight was going to be drawn, problem solved. Or patch the TextAdornmentHJKeepsVBoss.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. But I am not sure that Vinoth understood that overrides and highlights

are different. I want to make sure he knows that before work is wasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pickory,

Any update for me?

Thanks in Advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vinoth,

I have not been able to look at this for a while, not sure I can now.

I have got my global attribute code working. I am stuck trying to detect when the highlights should be draw. I am able to get hold of a line at a time but there does not seem to be an easy way to detect if the line exceeds any limits.

Dirk, I think, suggested hi jacking the global attribute code that does this draw and just tell it we are drawing to screen when we are really printing. That would have been a very nice solution, but I have not been able to find a way to do that.

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vinoth,

Sorry no update yet, I have side tracked to do some work.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2011 Jul 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Vinoth.

I just want to make sure you understand very clearly, because I keep reading this thread and thinking there is confusion.

Just QC wants to know which line showing H&J overrides. Then they will validate that is right or wrong. Otherwise QC has to go line by line to check the H&J overrides.

An H&J override is a place where the user has changed the H&J settings. They have gone to Paragraph > Justification and changed the Word/Letter/Glyph Spacing, Auto Leading, Single Word Justification, or Composer settings. That is an override.

The highlight is a place where the InDesign composer has trouble meeting the desired word spacing. This displays as a yellow highlight.

Can you please confirm that you understand the difference?

It is easy for scripts and plugins to detect the override. It is very hard for them to detect the highlight.

I do not understand why detecting an override matters for you. But if it really does, just write a script that iterates over all lines, checks for an override, and if so changes the color of the line and then prints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John Hawkinson

Thanks for your reply. If the user switch on in Preference ==> Composition ==> H&J Violations, i want whatever hilights available in the indesign document needs tobe generated as pdf. I want both hilights and overrides both.

Thanks in Advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have finally got back to have a another look at this........... and ................PROGRESS !

It was there all the time. waxLine->GetJustificationViolationAmt.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pickory,

Can i get any update on this...

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very soon. I just need to get hold of the H&J Violations check box state.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope this link works. It is to a PDF showing the HnJ Violations.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0Bzky2nJIe7IFZGQyMzkzYTAtZjliMy00ZGY2LTgwMGItOWI1Y2MzNzNlMDRh&hl=en_US

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is the plugin for Mac CS 4 Intel.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bzky2nJIe7IFYjE2MmRhM2EtZmYzMS00NTQ3LWIxZGUtZDI2MTExMDQ0OGIw&hl=en_US

I had to change the .zip to piz so that gooooooogle did not mangle the file. To extract it change the file extension back to zip.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations!

It was there all the time. waxLine->GetJustificationViolationAmt.

Ha! I told you it was in wax lines! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can it be done for Dynamic Spelling too to print underlined misspelled words?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pickory,

Great Man... Thanks a lot. It works well. But the color shaded in light yellow are not printing in PDF and also color are not cover the entire character.

Is there any possibility. Please help me on this.

Thanks a lot again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, not printing in pdf, have got all the latest updates installed, as it worked for me.

The reason I only print over part of the character is that when I print the full hight of the line we get overlaps which causes a darker shade of yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this a lot more tricky than the HnJ printing.

I will have a look though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pickory,

Thanks for your response

Is that yellow is the default color (or) we can change the color? If it a light yellow can we change to some other color?

Thanks a lot in Advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vinoth,

The shade of the colour is calculated using the percentage returned by

HnJ violation.

Would you like it to be a solid colour? Which colour would you prefer.

One day I might add some preferences but right now.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pickory,

Thanks for your response.

Yes i want the same solid color shown in ID. Yellow is Okay.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines