• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to properly refer to a document's template used via metadata?

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a document's metadata to include information which template('s version) it is based on. What is the proper property for this information? Possible candidates so far:

• xmpMM:OriginalDocumentID since the template is the base. However, "original document" usually rather refers to e.g. the RAW file a JPEG was created from
  • xmpMM:DerivedFrom, but that is a stretch to my understanding of derived work. Side-question: Can a document have more than one ancestor?
  • xmpMM:Ingredients, which rather seems to be for e.g. included images
  • xmpMM:Pantry - frankly, I don't understand its purpose
  • dc:conformsTo "An established standard to which the described resource conforms." Sounds rather like an ISO or such..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XMP would also allow you to specify your own category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, good point. I would prefer that as a last resort though and was hoping there already exists an officially designated property for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't thinks so that it exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to store your documents in a specific file management system to use the Metadata you want to add?

Can you describe what you are trying to achieve? your end goal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm planning to write a script that checks whether a document is based on the most recent version of the template. Of course I could simply use a script label, but since the template version is relevant metadata, I might as well put it somewhere more visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines