• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hyphenate word across frame when already turn off hyphenated across column feature

New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we change paragraph any place in indesign file, the other paragraphs change without any manual change. And some lines are hyphenated in across columns when we already turn on the hyphenated across column feature.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give me any idea for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create a child of that paragraph style with the different hyphenation:

• The original paragraph style is "p"
  • I create a cild: "p.hyphenate-colums"

With the name and the dot I see the dependence and if the parent style gets changes, except the hyphenation, the child style inherit it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How i fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the altered paragraph style for that instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible because the file is run by tool... we cant change para styles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was not talking about changing existing para styles, I spoke about adding one stylye for the specific situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say that you "change paragraph" do you mean that you are altering the paragraph style? Or do you mean you are making a manual change in one paragraph and all other paragraphs are changing as well? If you are making a change in a paragraph style that has been applied throughout the document then that change would affect all of the other paragraphs to which that paragraph style has been applied. It would be helpful if you provide specific information as to what exactly you are doing and what is the exact result. If you could post screenshots of the before and after of what you are doing as well as screenshots of any panels that may be involved (like the paragraph panel) then it would be helpful in finding a solution to your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines