Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Need An Adult

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

First off- sorry for my ignorance in all this.

I created a wall calendar in Word. There are two images on one page, each need to measure 9.5 inches so when I print on 13x19 they print perfect. I've been trying to print this in Word for a bit and it's almsot perfect but not perfect yet. How can I imort the Word doc that has two pictures on each page and then edit each picture on said Word doc but in InDesign? Is there a way to auto format in InDesign? Again- sorry I have no idea how to do this- I'm new at this stuff. Hope you're having a rad day and thanks for any anda ll help!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is, unfortunately, probably no good way to import a structured layout like this. You can import Word, but more or less just as text with "text" components like tables and footnotes, and things like linked pictures will not import in anything like a formatted layout.

Your only real alternative is to start over with a new InDesign layout. It has all the tools to create the calendar pages, much better image import/positioning/management features, and overall is suited to your project much more than Word ever could be.

Sometimes you just have to back up and start over. I think that's the case here.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This explains that it wasn't just me LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They really are very different apps, even though they seem the same. Word is about putting a lot of words in rows, with some layout features. InDesign is a layout/publication tool that can handle lots of text.

But yours is a potentially good learning project, using a little of everying basic. Feel free to ask for help getting your calendar re-constructed.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines