• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IDCS6 Mac Interactive Button creation with URL

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been requested to write a series of scripts that will automate the building of interactive objects such as buttons that will then activate a web page or an email address.  I looked at the object model and the Button object has a property called gotoURLBehaviors which, if one looks at it on a button that is already created, contains the web address of whatever web page the button is pointed to.  The button works.

However, if I attempt to write to this list using the add method ESTK tells me that this property is readonly.

Using Javascript, how can I get my URL associated with the button I am creating?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

It's got the add-method

var niceButton = app.activeDocument.buttons.add(undefined, undefined, app.activeDocument.pages[0]);

with(niceButton){

geometricBounds = [0,0,10,10]

gotoURLBehaviors.add({url :'www.myurl.com'})   

}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's got the add-method

var niceButton = app.activeDocument.buttons.add(undefined, undefined, app.activeDocument.pages[0]);

with(niceButton){

geometricBounds = [0,0,10,10]

gotoURLBehaviors.add({url :'www.myurl.com'})   

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,  I'm not exactly sure why this did not work:

var ThePage = TheDoc.pages.item(0);

var TheButton = ThePage.buttons.add({name:"HyperlinkButton1"});

var Behavior = TheButton.gotoURLBehaviors.add("www.amazon.com");

But it dod not and yours did, so   I humbly thank you and offer you a free lunch the next time you are in majestic Brookfield-in-the-toolies.

Take care.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice

look at your last line. the assigning of the property url is not in the rigth syntax.

Cheers

Hans-Gerd Claßen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now, that's just the thing, Hans.  In the scripting guide, using "bounds" as an example, I may instantiate an object like this:

var MyObject = new somethingOrTheOther(10,10,20,20);

or I may do it like this:

var MyObject = new somethingOrTheOther([10,10,20,20]);

or I may do it like this:

var MyObject = new somethingOrTheOther({bounds = (10,10,20,20)});

Though your help was immensely appreciated, I searched for two hours on my own looking for a syntax that would work.  Did you discover it by trial and error, or is it stated someplace else where I can look and find other important, if hidden bits of information?

I am also curious to know why the documentation calls that property "readonly" when in reality it is quite manipulable if you use the right syntax?

TIA!

R,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@John – the thing is:

you can add* and remove** gotoURLbehaviors (and there could be several in one single button!), but if you want to manipulate one (readonly!) you will fail.

So you first have to remove the old one(s) and add a new one with the new specs.

Uwe

*where the add() method is listed under the Class description of "GotoURLbehaviours" (The collection discription)

**and the remove() method under the Class description of "GotoURLbehaviour" (the single Object)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines