• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Displaying Without Links in InDesign and Exporting Pixelated

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. I thought that if a link was missing from an InDesign document, it would alert me with an error. In this document, there are dozens of images that display on the page, but don't have a corresponding link in the Links panel. The document also indicates that there are no errors. If the images were embedded, they would still show in the Links panel. When I export the document for printing, these images are all pixelated, obviously. How does this happen? Another agency set up the document and claim to have sent us all the links for the translation, but I can't find these ghost images in the folder. Any ideas?

2024-08-28_10h33_16.png

<Title renamed by  MOD>

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they are embedded. Id should not be done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that this image has been copied from Photoshop, then pasted in your InDesign document. That explains that there is no link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @jmlevy , suggests pasted objects have no link. If you are on MacOS the contents can be retrieved and linked via scripting because the MacOs clipboard is a PDF object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines