• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing HTML into inDesign

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed an online sales page and now want to take that page (it's design and all of the content) and pull it into inDesign to create a printable pdf. Is there a way to do this?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Safari (or other web browser) :  File > Export as PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't have thought that would be the way to go. For example the resolution of any images would be too low for printing. Probably best to copy the text from the web page(s) and start afresh in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On further investigation, Safari does this, but the other two I checked (Chrome and Firefox) don't have that ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify - my client wants an editable inDesign file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean - "an editable InDesign file"?
Who would do the editing, if it's your client, do they have the InDesign application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they have inDesign. I'd design it, but they would have access to the inDesign file to make changes - it's a proposal that they have to customize for RFPs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I suggested, I would create a new InDesign document and when it's approved send an InDesign package to your customer for them to update when required. It's important your client has the same InDesign version as you and vital they have identical fonts (from the same foundry).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - that's great info. Thank you. What's the best way to send an inDesign package? The inDesign file and the accompanying images in a zip file? Or is there a better way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In InDesign File > Package it does it all for you. Try it out open it up and see for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic - thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines