• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In CC INDD, my command Z (undo) doesn't work. Any ideas?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC INDD, my command Z (undo) doesn't work. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated ID to the latest patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Paliodesign.com. Your step-by-step worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works but after 2 or 3 days the problem comes back again. I'm using InDesign CS6, on OS X El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some quirks reported by others in using CS6 in El Capitan. CS6 is not recommended and has not been tested for that version of Mac OS X. It will never be updated. You're pretty much on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having the same problem. Only it will happen randomly. I quit InDesign and reopen and I'm able to use it again. I'm using Mavricks And CC. Don't know what's going on but it's certainly annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try my steps outline above. This happens to me when I open my co-worker's CC 2014 files. It's a preferences issue or something like that. Once you do this fix things will work fine, at least they did for me. That's not to say you won't have to do it again if you pull up someone else's CC 2014 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same issue here... No undos?!

System:

Photoshop CC 2014.0.1

OSX Mavericks 10.9.4

New macBookPro last week

A clean install of Photoshop

Adobe can you offer any assistance? I have tried 'correctly' trashing Photoshop prefs at start (cmd+option+shift) and restarting with to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having same problem. Just installed CC and no undo beyond one or two. What's the latest advice on how to resolve? I'm on OS X El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any new fixes or thoughts here? I have this problem too. I have tried all the suggestions on this thread to no success. I resorted to changing the short cut to option z. But this is super inefficient as Im still using Command Z in all other applications. Any Fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said to the poster above: "Tell us more about your InDesign version and exact operating system. In InDesign, have you checked out what you have for File > Open in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m running newest update of in design as of today but The issue was happen before as well. I was on el capitan but have recently updated to high siera. As I said I have checked keyboard shortcuts it Is still registered as the commd but won’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is probably software installed which is interfering. Try restarting your computer and load InDesign before any other application. See it works then. Then slowly open other apps to see which might be interfering. Sometimes its a browser extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines