• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In search of interesting Publish Online projects

Advisor ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating my Publish Online Gallery and am looking for interesting projects published via Publish Online. If you've created a project for Publish Online, or come across one you find interesting, please share. The Gallery has close to 1000 views and you can see it here: https://bit.ly/PubOnGallery

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice materials. thanks for sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Diane! I have one that's not a design masterpiece but is fun nonetheless. It's a timeline of InDesign versions that shows what features were released with each version. I need to update it for the latest update but you'll get the idea nonetheless. I created it because I found that users were so confused by the Creative Cloud and all of the minor updates to help them to understand what features are in each version. You can check it out here www.cheliusgraphicservices.com/timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! And scrolling at that. Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad!

You did used «Universal Scrolling Frames» from Ajar to do the scrolling frame. Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure did Jean-Claude! Such a great way to extend the capabilities of Publish Online and FXL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane/Chad,

Thanks a lot for sharing. These are indeed great materials, i would certainly like to check them out. I've marked this thread as "discussion", I believe it's more of that context than a question. Really appreciate your work.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attn: Adobe developers and marketing staff (and curious indesign users),

Please help me make this project the best use of your Publish Online tools yet!

I want this to be a project to be something you'd be proud enough to share. However, the 3 video pages I have get tripped up and stutter a bit before they load. The video's picture box loads small, then enlarges to full screen. Granted they are big files (155MB mp4 files).

I tried reducing the video file down to about 30MB but it was still doing that (on wi-fi). It loads slightly faster with ethernet. But wondering if you have any advice how to make this these videos pop in at the right size, right away.

Check it out. Videos appear on 9,24, and 40.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/1a8167e9-d72c-4b89-8e4f-a7f8ba3e62c1

I also have some hidden easter eggs (portals) in there for the folks who like that kinda thing. And some fun interactivity, moving parts, an a Table of Contents navigation built onto every page.

Brian Donahue

www.bedesigninc.com

@InDesign InDesign​ #publishonline​ @publishonline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian,

Thank you for sharing this brilliant and inspirational work. The TOC is awesome!

I’ve seen this video behavior. The page is actually resizing then going back to normal size, then playing. I see this in Safari. Can you try Firefox and let me know? (I am currently traveling without a laptop). I think I reported it as a bug awhile ago and it partly has to do with the way Safari is interpreting the page. But it’s worth reporting again and bringing it up to the attention of Adobe engineering to see if there is a fix on the Publish Online side.

And do tell, what are some of the Easter Eggs? 🙂

Finally, may I include this in the next version of my gallery?

Thanks, —Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the response. The videos seem to work better in Google Chrome. I tossed Firefox off my machine and few years ago, and am not inclined to download it again. But I'm having someone else check that.

I do see many of your gallery samples doing that same behavior (in Safari) when a video loads (Including my Mpls Parks Foundation). So you're on to something there. And thanks for including that (and this when it's done). I'll give you a new link when ready.

But open to all input anyone has before this goes live.

Easter egg hint: Each Emerging Artist has a wormhole into their mind. So we can see what they're thinking.

Brian

@InDesign InDesign #publishonline @publishonline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this looks great, I've bookmarked it for deeper exploration later.

But none of the videos are playing my browser. They just sit there. Any clue? I do have Chrome, running on Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem playing videos on Chrome. OS 10.12.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not shy! This was just an experimental works done with InDesign & Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fantastic Jean-Claude! Love it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not shy! This was just an experimental works done with InDesign & Publish Online.

I think you are a big shy, otherwise you would have presented the English version of this nice document to your English speakers fans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines